The Director of Advancement position provides an opportunity for a challenging and rewarding career at a defining moment for one of Chicago’s North Shore cultural treasures. With an annual operating budget of $3.5 million, WCH raises approximately 35% of its income from contributions. Under the leadership of President and CEO, Bob Thomas, the organization is in an active planning phase to position itself to serve the community and thrive for the next century.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans strategies to achieve, and implements and oversees all annual fundraising, including:
- Individual major gifts and annual fund donations
- Corporate sponsorships and foundation support for operations and special projects
- Securing support for major fundraising events, including the Antiques+Modernism Show, among others
- Plans strategies and oversees fundraising for the capital campaign and planned giving program
- Supports the Core Planning Group, Board of Governors, and Woman’s Board in their respective fundraising efforts
- Works with the President and CEO and top volunteer leadership to directly interface with major donor prospects for capital campaign, special project, and annual fundraising donations
- Oversees and executes annual and capital cultivation/stewardship activities
- Oversees and executes campaign prospects, research, cultivation activities
- Oversees donor research/prospect identification for annual and campaign support
- Develops strategies for, oversees and executes the preparation of solicitation/call material
- Monitors and reports on annual and capital fundraising goals and annual expense budgets
- Responsible for quality control of annual development operation – Raiser’s Edge database records (or similar system), proposals, reports, donor listings, solicitation letters, acknowledgments, correspondence with donors
- Responsible for coordinating and planning Committee Meetings related to annual and capital fundraising
- Interprets the organization, mission, and goals to the community
- Oversees a staff of two employees (part-time Advancement Associate; future full-time Campaign Manager); interfaces with special fundraising counsel
- Assists other departments with large-scale events; other duties as assigned
Click here for more information.
WCH is always looking for bright and innovative applicants who are interested in working in the non-profit field. We have opportunities in Accounting, Admin, Programs, Marketing, Social Media, Fitness Operations, Development, and Data Analytics. Please contact wchhr@winnetkacommunityhouse.